Senior Business Analyst
Initial contract until 30/6/17 with likely extension paying $95/hr
Brisbane CBD Location | Multiple complex ICT Projects
BPMN | SDLC | Prince2 | Government
Our client, a large complex government organisation, are currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work across multiple high profile projects. The successful candidate will work to identify and map current state of processes (As-is), utilise tools to analyse those processes and prepare future and improved designs (To-be) as well as participate in determining the necessary changes to arrive at the improved (To-be) state. You will be required to complete technical business needs gathering as well as completing generic user case stories.
The Senior Business Analyst will report to the Director, ICT Project Services.
- Assist project stakeholders to prepare business cases which define potential benefit, options for achieving these benefits (through development of new or changes processes) and associated business risks.
- Contribute to organisational change through recommended improvements to existing business processes, practices, procedures and information systems.
- Develop conceptual models of business processes utilising appropriate modelling techniques to develop end to end service mappings.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise in establishing and documenting ICT business and system requirements through a range of structured research and analysis techniques including, but not limited to facilitated stakeholder workshops, surveys, client meetings and industry reference reviews.
- Obtain formal agreement from stakeholders on the scope of requirements (including business focused user stories) to establish a base line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Where required, initiate communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups and facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert in the development of business architecture framework, tool suite selection and design and methodology development.
- Apply and utilise business modelling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
- Actively participate in the management of client expectations in a limited resource development environment with competing priorities.
- Provide support and leadership where required to multi-skilled teams and act as a bridge and subject matter expert (SME) between business and technical stakeholders in architecting, developing, testing and delivering solutions.
- Experience working on technical projects within a large government organisation is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with investigative work to determine technical business requirements and specify effective business processes (including business focused user-stories), through improvements in information systems, information management, procedures and organisational change
- Demonstrated well-developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the demonstrated experience in conducting workshops, maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, ICT Operators and other service providers.
- Demonstrated experience and practical understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and PRINCE2 Project Management methodologies. (SDLC & PRINCE2 Methodologies)
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business cases, which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or change processes and associated business risk
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and validating multiple requirement types such as technical, Business, systems, configuration and concept and experience modelling business processes using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17638.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC