Application Support Engineer
Leading Global Software Company
3 Month Contract with a possibility of becoming permanent
Join a growing team supporting clients that are household names
- Leading Global Software Company
- 3 Month Contract with a possibility of becoming permanent
- Join a growing team supporting clients that are household names
This an exciting opportunity for an experienced application support engineer to join a leading global software company. This is a contract role that will likely be extended, and could go permanent for the right candidate.
This role also offers an opportunity to enhance your skills as you gain experience in a range of customer facing and technical areas from application support and project management to specialised skills you would not master as well elsewhere.
To potentially become permanent in this role, you will be excellent with customers. Keeping them in the loop with what is happening in regards to the ticket. You will be the type of person to put your hand up when you're unsure, however you will quickly become an expert with the software, and identify the faults with accuracy. High level customer service will then set your service apart.
- A leading global software company that is gaining in client base
- Their expertise is in effective customer interaction solutions across phone/contact centre, web and mobile channels using proven processes and best-in-class technologies.
- Turnover is not a feature of this organisation. You are joining an established team excited to bring in a new member in yourself.
- Respond to tickets raised by the customer within designated SLA metrics
- Work with customers to identify and implement workarounds if possible
- Proactively manage tickets from start to finish ensuring customer is satisfied with resolution
- Work with local and offshore development teams
- Assist where possible in preparation of release package and necessary documentation
- Assist with SIT and UAT testing of releases
- Assist with deployment of certified releases to production
- Provide input to Service Account Manager performance reports to be presented to customer
- Maintain internal documentation on the product and customer environment
You will bring:
- Ideally around 5 years of relevant experience
- A sound working knowledge and understanding of Windows server, UNIX and web based applications (IIS/Tomcat)
- Ability to use tools to analyse network packets (Wireshark)
- Understanding of database systems (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, CouchBase)
- Ability to handle complex multiple tasks, prioritise & achieve results under pressure.
- Strong communication skills - the ability to clearly communicate written and verbal information at multiple levels.
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Software development an advantage
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Pablo Calaby through email on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Ref No: 4A/17584.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC