Six month contract in Brisbane CBD
$85 per hour
Key Government Department
The purpose of this position is to help drive enterprise productivity and meet business objectives through the effective use of ICT and professional good practice.
You will be responsible for defining business needs and connecting these needs with ICT capability to deliver business products and services as specified and agreed. You will also contribute to the analysis, design and implementation of application changes.
In performing these roles, you will be required to develop and manage relationships, provide input into relevant whole of government strategies and monitor and research current and emerging technologies of value to OIR.
The applicant will be required to work as part of a development team to design effective and efficient solutions which satisfy the requirements of clients and support the business of the department.
Two positions are available with one position predominately assigned to the RAPS Assessor Portal project and the other position providing business analysis to other BSSU projects.
The RAPS Assessor Portal project will target improving services for assessors, registered training organizations and the High Risk Licensing and Advisory unit. This project will improve and integrate the external and internal applications and reduce duplicated processes for high-risk work licensing stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and promote ways to improve productivity and build business value through effective use of ICT.
- Develop business cases, project plans and business benefit realisation models to justify investments in current or new technologies and/or associated improvement processes.
- Develop functional and technical specifications, procurement strategies and tenders to engage the marketplace or internal ICT service providers to create the capability to meet business needs.
- Document the business process layer and help enhance and safeguard the integrity of these processes and information flows at a business and enterprise level.
- Contribute to planning efforts across the business with process modelling, analysis and reporting to maintain an efficient, cost effective and responsive service delivery environment.
- Analyse operational reporting and reporting systems to identify current and ongoing operational reporting requirements.
- Manage the resolution of complex business related issues and service complaints that might arise from the business of ICT.
- Provide timely and expert advice to the Manager, Team Leader or Project Manager regarding system requirements, scope management and project risks.
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Graham in our Brisbane office on 07 3258 8380, quoting Ref No. 4A/17378
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTScrum Coach / Agile CoachACT
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutions - www.class.com.auNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW