- Available Immediately
- Able to obtain DCSI Clearances required
- ASP.Net skills preferrable
Are you a Microsoft Programmer looking for a short term contract and are available immediately. Then please apply
The Department for Education and Child Development (DECD) is currently seeking the services of an experienced Microsoft Analyst Programmer to work as part of team in the ongoing support, development and enhancement of the Department's Microsoft applications and to participate in key departmental projects.
The required start is from approx. 6th March 2017 and the engagement will be initially up until the 5th May 2017 initially.
It is expected that you will have relevant skills in analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of ICT Microsoft Classic ASP, ASP.NET and .NET Windows Forms application systems.
You will require a proven knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of SQL Server RDMS and associated development tools, in particular for the SQL Server 2012 environments.
This particular engagement will have a significant focus on enhancing a web application with a Classic ASP web site and SQL Server 2012 database . The candidate should be familiar with Classic ASP (VB) and be comfortable developing and testing changes using that technology. The enhancements will not include a rewrite to ASP.NET, but there may be a requirement to convert individual pages in the application into a hybrid ASP.NET/Classic ASP web site for any particular screens that require significant re-engineering.
Specifically they will also require a current knowledge and understanding of application development using:
- SQL Server 2000/2008/2012 Reporting Services
- Visual Studio.NET 2003-2014 / .NET Framework 1.1-4.5 / C#
- Visual SourceSafe 6 / Team Foundation Services
Required Experience Needed
- Use of C# and VB.NET in development/maintenance of .net web applications (n-tier architecture).
- Use of VbScript in development/maintenance of classic asp web applications.
- Experience in adapting systems for different browser versions using HTML5, JQuery and responsive web design techniques.
- A minimum of 2 years Microsoft web development experience is required.
- Be productive and manage their time efficiently according to deadlines.
- Be self-motivated and seek new work when their current task is complete or on hold.
- Be a team player and actively collaborate and share information with other team members.
- Communicate well, in written or oral form, with clients and colleagues using a professional and clear manner and language appropriate to the audience.
- Be able to work independently.
- Be detail orientated and able to cope with complexity.
A current DCSI child related employment screen clearance is also required before work can be commenced.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Simone Yearsley on 08 74220613. Please quote our job reference number: 200165150.
Reference Number: 200165150_1
Contact Details: Simone Yearsley
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Simone Yearsley
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- AMD bundles Ashes of the Singularity with FX processors ahead of Ryzen's launch
- AT&T jumps on the unlimited data bandwagon with $100 per month plan
- Apple may cut the (charging) cord completely with the iPhone 8
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW