Digital Strategist - Newcastle Based
Drive and develop this organisations first Digital Strategy
Solution Design and Consultation
Initial 6 month contract NEWCASTLE BASED
Our client is exploring ways to exploit new technologies and offer their customers more functionality and new digital experiences. We are seeking a 'big picture', Digital Strategist who will work closely with stakeholders in understanding the strategic business goals and developing digital strategies and roadmaps that align IT priorities with business needs.
We're looking for someone who can who can work in a complex environment, build credibility quickly, lead and influence change, is outcome driven, understands the importance of, and delivers to critical timelines and demonstrates resiliency under pressure. This role is based in Newcastle CBD.
As the Digital Strategist, you will be responsible for developing the digital strategy, challenging existing practices and work with stakeholders and different teams across the organisation.
You are a person who possesses an innovative mindset and has proven experience in delivering outstanding technology outcomes in support of business growth. This position will leverage your strong knowledge of contemporary and emerging digital technologies, applications and infrastructure to deliver outstanding solutions that changes the entire customer experience and the way the organisation engages with stakeholders.
What you will be doing
- Counsel senior and executive level stakeholders on digital strategies and opportunities
- Scan the environment to discover and present technology approaches to deliver business results and targets
- Demonstrates a strategic 'whole of business' approach to problem solving and create technology solutions to solve traditional business issues.
- Work with vendors to identify strategic and innovative solutions to enhance business performance
- Facilitate workshops to challenge conventional thinking and practices across the organisation and to document the Digital Strategy
- Ensure strategies and roadmaps are defined at a program/project level and implemented into the ICT Portfolio
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with business stakeholders to develop Digital Strategies that support the goals of the organisation
- Extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in similar roles in a diverse Information Technology environment.
- Proven development and delivery of strategic IT initiatives with positive, cost effective results.
- Demonstrated experience of driving change.
- Demonstrated success in building rapport, maintaining relationships and an ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated sound business acumen and superior analytical skills.
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and negotiations skills.
What you will bring
If you are interested more in achieving the outcome and less on the art of technology then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. To make your application count please ensure you address the skills and experience required in a cover letter.
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Linda Apostolidis in our Newcastle office on 02 4927 2224, quoting Ref No. 2R/07401
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- 5G will help autonomous cars cruise streets safely
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCDesktop RolloutVIC
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- CCTest LeadQLD
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD