Security System Engineer
- Permanent role
- CBD Location
- Great Team Environment
A new year is upon us and we are looking for a Security System Engineer.
We are seeking a high end Security System Engineer that will be accountable for the configuration, tuning and operation of end point security management systems.
This role requires you to be an Australian Citizen due to eligible for security clearance needs.
The core responsibilities of role include:
- Undertake end point security system administration functions on a full time basis
- Proactively configure, tune and operate the various system modules implemented to mitigate active and potential threats. This includes Host-based application whitelisting, Host-based configuration monitoring through characterization, Host-based intrusion detection monitoring and intrusion prevention management.
- Ensure the health, logging, backup and availability of the service on all in-scope servers and management platforms.
- Work within a set of guidelines to identify critical event data for additional analysis and escalation as appropriate.
- Collaborate with client, technical teams and other provider staff as required to tune server protection policies that mitigate security threats while providing appropriate functionality and availability to meet business requirements.
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements pertaining to system change, security system availability and security events/incidents are met.
- 5+ years of IT security services experience , including 3+ in System Administration
- Strong interest in security/system administration and an understanding of end point security approaches and technology
- Experience with Symantec, McAfee or equivalent end point security and whitelisting tools
- Experience in delivering relevant IT services, preferably in an outsourced environment and preferably to Government;
- General understanding of server technologies including Windows and various Linux and Unix variants (relevant certifications desirable, although not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements and design solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Familiarity in enterprise technology environments including change and incident management processes (exposure to ITIL desirable)
- Security/Technology related certification(s) a strong advantage.
Reference Number: 200164339_1
Contact Details: Simone Yearsley 08 7422 0613
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Simone Yearsley
Contact Phone: 08 7422 0613
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTITSM Project Manager - PERM ROLE !!!!!!ACT
- FTJunior CAD/CAM Software DeveloperQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA