Convert scanned paper drawing into our CAD-Program with Rastervect
Publisher’s notes: RasterVect is a useful program for those who work with scanned drawings. With this program you can transform raster drawings into vector format. Raster drawing can be imported by scanning original paper drawings. The target vector formats (DXF, WMF, EMF, EPS and AI) are supported by most CAD applications that use vector graphics, such as AutoCAD, Corel Draw and many others.
RasterVect has four recognition methods: – Solids: Easy method (it works without any limits in trial version). Raster pixels transform to solid vector primitives without compound actions. This method can be used when required to open raster image in vector editor without complex editing. The vector image in this method has the largest file size in comparison with other methods. – Outlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or bezier curves along the borders of connected pixels. It is typically used for vectorizing scanned land-use and vegetation maps. – Filled outlines: the same as previous method but outlines are filled. Clip art, animation, colored picture and so on. – Centerlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or arcs along the center of connected pixels. This method also can recognize solids and text. It is typically used for electrical, architectural and mechanical drawings, survey maps.
RasterVect also has: TWAIN support for importing from any scanners; the ability to maintain the scale of the initial paper drawing; various raster filters and effects; various manual and automatic vector editing features; OCR functions. There are viewing tools like zooming, scrolling and color selection.
The list below summarizes the process of transformation of a paper drawing to a CAD drawing using the RasterVect: – Create a raster file by scanning the paper drawing into RasterVect using a scanner. – Use RasterVect’s filters and other raster features for improving of the image. – Use RasterVect to convert the raster file into a vector DXF file. – Use RasterVect’s vector filters and other commands for vector image improving. – Import the DXF file into your CAD program and edit the drawing as you need.
Designed to work on all Windows platforms, vectorizer RasterVect saves a lot of time. It’s a replacement for traditional tracing and digitizing. It does provide a way to getting a paper drawings into your CAD program for quick and easy editing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW