First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)
A freely distributed program for tasks like photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
When you think Open Source software, you may think of half-baked programs too hard to use, or perhaps lacking power. Well, think again. This Open Source image editor packs a surprising amount of power, and is well-designed, if a bit eccentric in layout. Even though it’s free, it compares favourably to the power of Photoshop, and includes many of the kinds of photo-editing tools that come with that program, including filters, effects, masks, layers, and more.
Of course there are the basics tools you’d expect in a photo editor, such as red eye removal, but there is plenty more here. If you’re looking for professional-level photo editing, but don’t want to spend a bundle — or even a penny — this is the program for you.
Note: This link takes you to the vendor’s site, where you can download the version of the software appropriate to your system.
Note from developers: GIMP releases available from gimp.org and its mirrors contain the source code and have to be compiled in order to be installed on your system.
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo acquires video streaming startup RayV
- New Relic's analysis service goes live
- Hardware hackathon hopes for new ideas on 3D printers, robots
- Wall Street Beat: Tech sales news mixed ahead of earnings
- Microsoft acquires InMage to boost Azure Site Recovery
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $899 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »