Blogging for Dummies, 2nd Edition
Because the blogosphere is pretty crowded, it’s a good idea to find out a bit about the anatomy of a blog, what makes a good one, and what it takes to keep one going before you dive right in and start sharing with the world. Blogging For Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you all the basics so you can get a good start. And if you’ve been around the blog a few times and want to advance to the next level, Blogging For Dummies, 2nd Edition even takes a look at podcasting and videoblogging.
You’ll find out how to:
- Make your blog stand out in a crowd, build an audience, and even make it pay
- Choose the best software options, boost readership, and handle comments
- Generate revenue from your blog with ads and sponsorships
- Protect your privacy and your job
- Deal with spam and the inappropriate comments from that guy who posts several times a day
- Find your niche
- Attract and keep readers
- Use your blog to promote your business, cause, or organization
- Add audio, video, cool widgets, and more
Ready? Get Blogging for Dummies and let’s get started!
Shane Birley is co-founder of Left Right Minds (www.leftrightminds.com) and blogs at ShanesWorld.ca.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Blogs.
Chapter 1: Discovering Blog Basics.
Chapter 2: Starting a Blog.
Chapter 3: Entering the Blogosphere.
Part II: Setting Up Your Blog.
Chapter 4: Choosing Blog Software.
Chapter 5: Dropping Code into Your Skill Set.
Chapter 6: Hosting Your Blog.
Chapter 7: Customizing Your Blog.
Part III: Fitting In and Feeling Good.
Chapter 8: Finding Your Niche.
Chapter 9: Creating Great Content.
Chapter 10: Handling Spam and Comments.
Part IV: Adding Bells and Whistles.
Chapter 11: Reaching Out with RSS.
Chapter 12: Building the Sidebars.
Chapter 13: Making the Most of Photos.
Chapter 14: Saying It Better with Podcasts.
Part V: Marketing and Promoting Your Blog.
Chapter 15: Measuring Blog Presence.
Chapter 16: Making Mad Mad Money.
Chapter 17: Blogging for Companies.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Ways of Growing Community.
Chapter 19: Ten Cool Tricks for MakingYour Blog Shine.
Chapter 20: Ten Blogs You Should Know.
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
Sign up to PC World Today for the latest news, reviews and galleries from PC World Australia.Sign up now »
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW