Notebook memory upgrade: Toshiba Satellite A300
James Hopkin has worked in the Australian computer industry since 1987. He founded Upgradeable.com in 1999 as an independent online source for computer memory upgrades. From day one the Upgradeable way has been to help computer users easily upgrade their systems.
The Toshiba Satellite A300 has a range of different sub models. It is important to find your correct memory using the Part/Model number from the base of the notebook as the memory specifications can differ from model to model.
Your Part/Model number will start with the letter "P".
Find more Toshiba memory upgrades on the Upgradeable Web site.
Before you begin the installation, it's worth considering backing up any critical files in the event of a problem occurring. DO NOT install the memory while the computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Ensure that the system is completely powered down.
This is simply done to remove any static electricity from your body so that accidental zaps don't damage your memory modules. While your computer is still plugged into the wall, touch a metal part of your computer. If you leave your computer you will need to ground yourself again. Alternatively, you can invest in an anti-static strap and clip yourself to a grounded piece of metal.
Once the computer is completely shutdown, remove all plugs and the power cable from the computer. As you are upgrading a notebook it is also important to remove the battery.
Always keep the memory modules in their anti-static bag until you are ready to begin the installation. Handle the modules only by the edges and don't touch the gold pins. No tools are required to remove or fit memory modules and using tools can cause damage to the modules.
1. Remove the single screws shown in the picture below, then proceed by removing the memory cover.
2. To replace an existing memory module, spread both clips on either side of the memory slot to release it. To remove the memory module from the slot, hold it by the edges and slide it out on a 45 degree angle.
3. To install the new memory upgrade, hold the upgrade on a 45 degree angle and align the notch on the upgrade with the notch located in the memory slot.
4. Gently push the module in then down until the clips on both sides click to lock the module in place.
5. Make sure the module is firmly in the slot and that's it's not moving. Otherwise, reinstall the module by repeating steps 2 to 4.
6. Close the memory slot compartment and replace the battery and any removed accessories. You can now restart your system with the new memory upgrade installed.
You're done! Once you have closed your computer and reattached all the accessories that were connected, it's time to switch it on. No software or settings will need to be changed as the computer detects the memory upgrade automatically.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
- Soon your Samsung Galaxy's fingerprint reader will unlock your Windows 10 PC
- Blizzard's ending Windows XP, Vista support for Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and more games
- Razer Blade Pro (2016) review: Now this is how you do a 'Pro' laptop
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCCloud Solution DesignerVIC
- TPData AnalystWA
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC