Coles customers now have another tap-and-go option when paying at the checkout with the introduction of Coles Mobile Wallet.
The retailer launched the service after what it describes as a successful two phase trial. The service combines the near field communication (NFC) of Coles Pay Tag with an app for iOS and Android.
Coles said the app features many account management options for Coles MasterCard and FlyBuys accounts. The service is limited to Coles MasterCard customers and to purchases under $100.
Coles General Manager of financial services, Richard Wormald, said the firm understands customers are doing more with their mobile devices.
“Our trials revealed that 77 per cent of Coles MasterCard customers found the Coles Pay Tag more convenient than using their traditional credit cards. Now partnered with the new App, the Coles Mobile Wallet will provide functionality, a seamless user experience and instant rewards – unlike any other credit card in the market.”
The main benefit of the service is that it combines a credit card and FlyBuys account in one. The pay tag has an adhesive side so users can attach it to a Mobile device for convenience. With so many consumers already embracing NFC technology, the service is not such a great technological leap. The main feature existing customers may find the most useful will be the combination and management of credit card and FlyBuys account in the one app.Read More:
- Netspace founder returns to helm MessageMedia
- Commbank catches iPhone users up to NFC
- Is this the end of the supermarket checkout attendant?
- NFC is an early adopter technology but has a big future: RIM
- yARN: So what's the big fuss about NFC payment from mobiles
- CGU claims top spot for best customer experience company
- IN PICTURES: MasterCard Masters of Code