Android Wear smartwatches are available for pre-order in Australia for a smidgeon less than $250. Find out if your existing smartphone is compatible before committing to buy.
Google showed a crowd 6000 people strong what its Android Wear platform is capable of at yesterday’s I/O conference in San Francisco. Then the giant revealed smartwatches from Samsung and LG are available for preorder, while Motorola’s Moto 360 is scheduled to follow shortly.
Checking if your current smartphone is compatible with an Android Wear device is simple. Simply go to the URL g.co/WearCheck on your smartphone and the Google site will confirm its compatibility with one of the screenshots below.
Both smartwatches are available for $249. LG’s G Watch has a shipping date of 4 July, while Samsung’s Gear Live is listed as ‘coming soon’.
- Google Android L: Everything we know
- Android Wear smartwatches from Samsung and LG go on sale
- Unbearable wearables: The problem with smartwatches
- Motorola Moto E and Moto G: Australian pricing and availability
- Samsung announces S5 mini, preps global release
- LG tethers kids with KizON wearable