The milestone references "global channel sales" of the Galaxy S4 rather than how many devices are actually in the hands of end users but it's still a hugely impressive figure.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy S4 is estimated to be selling at "a rate of four units per second."
The Galaxy S4 reaching the 10 million shipment mark in less than a month is a new record for Samsung and makes it the company's fastest selling smartphone of all time.
Samsung's CEO and President of the IT & Mobile Communications Division, JK Shin, released a statement marking the Galaxy S4 milestone.
"On behalf of Samsung, I would like to thank the millions of customers around the world who have chosen the Samsung GALAXY S4. At Samsung we'll continue to pursue innovation inspired by and for people."
In addition to announcing the milestone, Samsung says it also plans to release more color variants of the Galaxy S4. Among the new colours set to launch in the coming months include "Blue Arctic", "Red Aurora", "Purple Mirage" and "Brown Autumn".
The Galaxy S4 is currently sold in "White Mist" and "Black Forest" colours.
Related content• Samsung Galaxy S4 review
• Samsung Galaxy S4 accessories in Australia: when you can get them and how much you'll pay
• Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. the rest: How does it stack up?
• Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Which Android phone do you prefer?
• Five reasons to avoid the Samsung Galaxy S4
• Galaxy S4 landing Down Under this week
• Samsung Galaxy S4: All Australian telco pricing plans