Optus has confirmed the Sony Xperia Z Android phone is available from today both online and in selected Optus stores.
The hero offer appears to be $3 per month handset repayments on the $60 Optus plan ($63 per month), which includes $650 of included calls and MMS, unlimited SMS messages and 1.5GB of data per month.
Optus confirmed that existing customers who re-contract with the Xperia Z before the end of April will avoid paying the $3 per month handset repayments on the $60 plan, a saving of $72 over the life of the two year contract.
The Xperia Z is also available on Optus' $30, $50 and $80 plans as well as the $100 and $130 'Timeless' plans, with handset repayments depending on the plan selected.
Optus will only sell the black variant of the Xperia Z, with the white and purple models exclusively available through rival Telstra.
Optus confirmed the Xperia Z is available today through its online store, telesales and "selected" Optus stores and retail partners.
Are you planning to purchase the Sony Xperia Z through Optus? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
• Telstra announces Xperia Z pricing, release date
• Sony reveals more pricing, availability details for Xperia Z
• Sony Xperia Z: What's hot and what's not
• Sony "bringing the wow back" with Xperia Z
• Sony to unveil Xperia Z next week
• Sony Xperia Z preview
• Sony reveals more Xperia Z details
• Sony Xperia Z vs. Apple iPhone 5: Head-to-head