First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Dick Smith recalls portable DVD/media players
- — 18 December, 2012 11:56
The Dick Smith portable DVD products being recalled.
Electronics retailer, Dick Smith, is recalling a range of its portable DVD and media players dating back to November 2009 due to fire risks posed by the internal batteries.
The retailer said that four Dick Smith-branded devices purchased across Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) between November 2009 and July 2012 should be returned as the “internal lithium-ion rechargeable battery may overheat and pose a fire risk.”
The models include (see image above):
• Dick Smith 7-inch portable DVD media player (D6200)
• Dick Smith 7-inch dual screen portable DVD media player (D6201)
• Dick Smith 9-inch dual screen portable DVD media player (D6203)
• Dick Smith 7-inch portable DVD player (GE4203)
The catalogue numbers can be found on the rear or base of the products.
Dick Smith is advising customers to stop using the products, and return them to a store for a full refund.
Customers who require more information are invited to call Dick Smith’s customer service department (P: 1300 366 644) and select option ‘2’.
Follow Nermin Bajric on Twitter: @nermin_au