After being dumped from Google+ for violating the site's community standards, the site Your Anon News announced that it would create its own social networking site, but also that it knew of an "operation" being organized against Google+.
MORE GOOGLE+: 10 Google+ Tips for Beginners
Past Anonymous operations include Operation Payback, which took down pro-copyright, anti-piracy sites, and Operation Orlando, which paralyzed sites about the city of Orlando, Fla., in retaliation for the city shutting down a food-distribution program in a city park. Operations typically involve DDoS attacks against targets and theft of information that later gets posted online.
The Anonymous social website www.anonplus.com is under construction. So far it consists of an explanation of how it came to be and a promise to be operational soon. It posts the online names of 17 people that make up its Java development team. It also links to a developers' forum.
Saturday, Your Anon News posted an image of the notice it received from Google + that read: "Your profile is suspended. After reviewing your profile, we determined that some of your content (eg. Text, images) violates our community standards."
The site says that other Anonymous-related accounts were also banned from Google+ and that the group's Gmail account was shut down.
Later the group posted on its website its goals for AnonPlus. "This is one social network that will not tolerate being shut down, censored, or oppressed -- even in the face of blackout. We the people have had enough," the site says.
Read more about lans and routers in Network World's LANs & Routers section.