Stop Facebook from cluttering your inbox
- — 02 February, 2011 04:02
There's a fine line between awesome and annoying. Take Facebook: Most of the time, it's great, but a few things about the service drive me crazy.
For example, whenever I leave a comment on someone else's wall, Facebook e-mails me every single time someone else leaves a comment on that same wall. This can lead to a considerable amount of unwanted junk in my inbox.
Fortunately, you can turn off these kinds of notifications--you just have to know where to look. Here's where:
1. Go to Facebook.
2. In the upper-right corner, click Account, Account Settings.
3. Click the Notifications tab.
4. Scroll way, way down until you find the Wall Comments section.
5. Clear the checkbox (the one for e-mail) next to Comments after you on a Wall story.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
While you're at it, review the countless other ways Facebook sends e-mail notifications and turn off the ones you don't want.
There! Now Facebook is a little less annoying and a little more awesome. (That's right, I said it.)