First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
20 Photoshop Tips for incredible artworks
- — 28 December, 2010 10:28
11. Dodge it The Color Dodge blending mode can be used for soft lighting effects, but applying it to elements that sit over black backgrounds won't elicit any results. Instead pick a background colour with a slight amount of red, green or blue to it.
12. Burn it Color Burn works in precisely the opposite way to Color Dodge. Use it to create a logo that looks like it was scorched into wood, for example.
13. Add real-world textures Dig out those seldom-used paint brushes and create some textures on board or canvas. Digitise them and experiment with different blend modes to add a gritty, urban look to illustrations. Paint splashes can also be used to create your own personal library of grunge brushes.
14. Mesh it up Create super cool mesh effects using Transform > Warp, and then selecting Fisheye from the Options bar menu. The example was created by Fabio for msnbc.com.
15. Glow with success An easy way to add a glow effect is to create a layer with all other layers merged into it (see 18).Now apply a Radial Blur of 10-20 pixels and the Screen blending mode. Drop the opacity to 15%, then raise it until you get the desired effect.