PC World's top 10 funniest videos of 2009
- — 28 November, 2009 08:37
While the editors at PC World are a serious bunch, they're not above a bit of goofing around. So here's our top ten list of our videos that made us laugh. Hope you agree! After you've watched a clip, hit the back button on your browser if you'd like to come back to this page and check out some more antics from the gang.
1. The Stars of The SkyMall CatalogWe've all been bored on a plane and picked up the SkyMall catalog. But have you ever wondered how good the products are? On a flight of fancy, intrepid editor Mark Sullivan took it upon himself to order a dozen products from the SkyMall catalog. In this video, he looks at four, including a roll-up USB Drum Kit and the Electronic Feng Shui Fortune Compass.
2. Kinder, Gentler iPhone 3G S Stress TestsIt's become an annual tradition: Apple releases a new iPhone, PC World tries to break it. We did it with the first iPhone. We did it with the iPhone 3G. Now, it's the iPhone 3G S's turn. This year, our torture-- whoops -- coercive interrogation was more mental than physical. Could the phone's Voice Control, Compass and smudge-proof screen withstand the withering pressure? You'll see.
3. Windows 7: A Guided Tour of Its Security ImprovementsTake a look at some of Window's 7 User Account Control features, as well as the new System and Security Action Center, troubleshooting tools, and power management options. Senior Editor Robert Strohmeyer is your avuncular guide. His approach is humorous, but the tour is serious.
4. The Pen of the FutureSenior Editor Tim Moynihan finally gets what he's been waiting for: A digital pen! The Mobile Digital Scribe from IOGEAR is a stylus setup that consists of a pen and a receiver that captures handwriting and translates it via OCR software into text documents.
5. Firefox 3.5 is a Solid UpgradeFirefox 3.5 includes great new features and improvements for private browsing, geo-location, multi-tabbed browsing, and more. PC World's Nick Mediati takes a look.
6. How to Install Windows 7 (Before Your OS Launch Party) Microsoft begged us all to host Windows 7 launch parties to celebrate the intro of its newest operating system. Senior Editor Robert Strohmeyer shows you how to install Windows 7 easily, while jabbing Microsoft for its inane party idea at the same time.
7. Pantech's C610 Cell Phone Wants Your Vote!PC World's Mark Sullivan was caught up in election fever when he made this video that makes an impassioned case for the Pantech C610 cell phone. Its glossy screen resists earmarks, it features a straight-talk design, and the phone's camera is suitable for taking photos of Russia from your front porch. Will it win your vote?
8. Rockband 2 Brings Down the House!Senior associate editor Danny Allen gets his hands on Rockband 2 and decides it's time to get the band back together again! Check it out as the dudes, we mean, editors rock super hard!
9. Internet Superstars: Where Are They Now?Love 'em or hate 'em, the Web has spawned more than its share of worldwide stars--and as fast as they go viral, these short-lived sensations fade away. We tracked down some of the Internet's biggest overnight sensations to see what they've been up to.
10. Taking Nintendo's Wii Fit for a Test RunSenior Writer Darren Gladstone took a look at Nintendo's Wii Fit exercise and weight-loss programs, assisted by the Wii Balance Board. He even got a personal trainer to help him out.