Inhabitants of Second Life, the virtual world run by Linden Lab, will soon have new options to customize how they see the world. The first will be the ability to filter adult content, Linden Lab said on Wednesday.The base for the filtering is a new three-tiered rating system that will offer the ability to divide Second Life into Adult, Mature and PG regions. Search results will also be filtered according to the new ratings system. Adult-oriented content will be migrated from the Second Life mainland to a newly created continent. Details on how the migration will be managed and implemented is being finalized, and will be published by the end of June, Linden Lab said. Linden Lab defines the Adult rating as regions that host conduct or display content that is sexually explicit or intensely violent -- depicting, for example, death, torture, dismemberment or other severe bodily harm -- or involves illicit drug use, according to a tentative policy document on its Web site. The company's definition of Mature content can, for example, include dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts, according to the Linden Lab Web site. To back up the ratings Linden Lab will also implement a new account verification system. Users that want to access Adult regions and search results will have to authenticate their accounts by having payment information on file or by using Linden Lab's age verification system. Linden Lab will soon make available a release candidate of version 1.23 of the Second Life viewer, which will have controls to let users, for example, set maturity levels for regions, according to a statement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA