Media 100 has debuted the Media 100 Suite, which it describes a the 'next-generation Media 100 software' for US$1,295 (£877). The software supports AJA video capture cards and Matrox's MXO2 for portable, broadcast-quality input/output, monitoring, and up/down/cross conversion -- and ships with a copy of the Boris Red motion graphics and VFX tool. Media 100 Suite replaces the Media 100 and Media 100 Producer software applications.Media 100 Suite's new multicam editing feature offers real-time editing in a familiar user interface. Cameras can be added to an existing multiclip as their source media becomes available. Cameras can be synced via timecode, sync marks, or in-points. When syncing via timecode, additional footage can even be assigned to an existing camera -- which is designed to helpful when a camera has been stopped to change tapes or batteries. The new Voiceover tool allows direct-to-timeline audio recording while playing back timeline audio and video. Primarily designed for recording narration, it allows for multiple takes nested inside a single clip in the timeline -- all while receiving real-time sound cues and visual feedback. A voiceover can be created in stereo or across two channels allowing different narrators to speak different parts. Other features include simultaneously recording dialogue to separate channels or laying down a live music track. Voiceover takes advantage of Media 100 Suite's new multicam editing framework by automatically recording different takes into a multiclip. Operators can record several takes in one voiceover clip and either choose one take or cut between the takes inside the clip. Different takes may be reviewed and compared from within the new Voiceover Recording Window. Other new features within the Media 100 Suite include improved Apple Color integration, support for 1080PsF video formats, full support of QuickTime timecode tracks, export of timecode "burn-in", support for 24-bit audio import, and the ability to output RP188 timecode with supported AJA video I/O cards. Media 100 Suite will be available in May 2009 for US$1,295. Customers can upgrade to Media 100 Suite from Media 100 Version 10 and higher, including Media 100 Producer, for US$595.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ITU gives public more access to talks on future of the Internet
- GlobalFoundries to take over IBM's semiconductor unit in $1.3 billion deal
- Apple's iCloud targeted in man-in-the-middle attack in China
- 3D-printed gun maker draws jail term in Japan
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW