First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Twitter backlash over McCain campaign 'suspension'
- — 25 September, 2008 14:02
Twitter users have responded to the decision by John McCain, the US Republican presidential candidate, to suspend his campaigning with an ad hoc campaign of their own. On 24 September McCain announced that he would "suspend" his campaign and return to Washington to deal with the "historic crisis in our financial system".
McCain's "suspension" quickly became a target for mockery, with David Letterman engaging in lengthy ruminations on the topic during CBS' The Late Show. Letterman asked whether McCain, who had been scheduled to appear on the show but cancelled, had made the decision because of the economic crisis "or because the poll numbers are sliding".
Increasing numbers of Twitter users have begun making posts to the micro-blogging site noting what they are "#suspending" in order to deal with assorted crises, from the US economy to a lack of cake. (The hash allows easy tracking of Twitter memes; they're a "community-driven convention for adding additional context and metadata to your tweets".)
Examples of suspensions include:
- ZETAZEN: #suspending The Matrix - time to take a different color pill....
- jnb987: I'm #suspending my homework for the night. I have a sleep crisis to focus on via the Senate Subcommittee for Rest and Relaxation.
- managizzle: #suspending cutting the grass until the economic crisis is over
- abbashaiderali: I'm #suspending doing any work around the house until we have a solution to the credit crisis and stability in housing market. Sorry Mrs.
- digggety: Our cat Max is #suspending use of the litter box until I feed him a 3rd dinner.
- debbryant: Thinking of #suspending paying my federal income tax this year until I know which financial institution I'm adopting.
- rodon: I will be #suspending World of Warcraft play till tonight's dinner crisis has been averted.
- bevbarnett: #suspending my mortgage payment until the financial crisis is solved. Do you think that will work?
- Cruftbox: #Suspending work until I have dealt with the pressing issue of eating dinner, playing video games, and getting some sleep.
- kishau: #suspending my diet until the cake crisis is over
- suzanneyada: I have decided that I am bravely #suspending all my school
- work until the government bails me out of my student loans.
- sarahsparks: I'm #suspending my campaign for senior class president until they start serving tequila in the lunch room
- glucas: #suspending celibacy as soon as she lets me. Been four whole days.
- zchamu: #suspending all cooperation with the world until someone brings me cookies.
- RealTweeter: I'm #suspending my real life while I day dream away in a chocolate filled snowboarding paradise.
The unfolding hilarity can be followed here.