GGG: What will Openbravo focus on, going into the future?
JOSEP MITJA: Results to date show tremendous growth potential. We aim to develop a sustainable leadership position by focusing on the following areas:
- Actively building the distribution channel, with partners around the world
- Fostering localization of Openbravo ERP to facilitate entry in new markets
- Further developing the ERP solution to enhance functionalities
- Introducing value-added products and services based on the ERP; focus on scaleable products to facilitate rapid growth
- Fostering dissemination by reinforcing communication efforts
- Continuing to build the team with top-tier professionals
- Opening limited number of offices in strategic locations around the world (as of 2008)
GGG: Why do you think developers enjoy working on Openbravo?
PAOLO JUVARA: Openbravo is an incredibly productive development environment, which is perfectly tailored to the development of ERP solutions. With very little effort, developers can modify the functionality that Openbravo ships or develop entirely new features and functions and deploy them in a robust manner to the final users. This is quite unique in the ERP space and very rewarding for developers.