Dog swallows Wii Remote, sickness quickly fades
- — 22 September, 2007 04:27
A 3-year old Labrador Retriever from Loveland, Colorado survived a casual swallowing of a Nintendo Wii Remote.
Unbeknownst to owners the Becknell family, the dog was taken to the local veterinarian after the canine began coughing up blood. X-rays showed a remote-like mass in the dog's stomach to which the family agreed must have been the an old TV remote. In fact, it was a Wii Remote.
"The Vet started massaging the dogs belly and it just came flying out of the dog," said owner Marie Becknell. "I knew what it was right away by the color and shape of it -- it was my son's video game remote. The dog had swallowed the boy's Nintendo Wii controller."
While the dog was fine, the Wiimote didn't fair so well -- it had to be tossed. As punishment the boy was out two weeks allowance for the cost to replace the controller said Mrs. Beknell.