The Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC may be the best RX 580 available—but that doesn't necessarily mean you should buy it.
Acer's Aspire GX is the first-ever prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor, but you wouldn't know it from its quiet debut at the Next@Acer event in New York.
Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop designed for casual gamers, with one distinctive feature: You can adjust the fan speed yourself. Adjusting thermals can be tricky, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.
The HP Stream 11 Pro G2 won't win any awards for innovation or excitement, but it'll do as a travel laptop.
The 4K Acer Predator X27 is one of the first G-Sync HDR displays, and one of the most impressive monitors ever announced.
AMD's Balanced Power Plan is packaged with driver 17.10 WHQL for PC users rocking Ryzen on Windows 10 64-bit.
We pit Apple's redesigned MacBook Pro 15 against Dell's upgraded XPS 15 to see which of these quad-core workhorses is the best. The answer may not surprise you.
The SteelSeries Qck Prism is a RGB light-laden mousepad no matter which side you flip it to.
If you're upgrading your PC for virtual reality before mid-June, this promotion gives you three free games to start with.
Ten years on from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the series finally goes back to World War II to tell a Band of Brothers-style tale for a new generation.
Manually installing the Windows 10 Creators Update could introduce hardware compatibility problems, Microsoft warns.
Introversion's Prison Architect follow-up is a highly experimental art piece about navigating a dark cave with a handheld LIDAR scanner. Scanner Sombre's weird and unsettling, if ultimately a bit one-note.
Microsoft has cut off nearly 40 percent of its existing user base of phones from the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update. The alternative: run the beta OS.
Google says it's actively looking for, and trying to bury, fake news in its search results, using feedback mechanisms in autocompleted searches and Featured Snippets.
With its unique 1940's monster movie aesthetic and excellent voice casting, Wilson's Heart feels like the first "can't-miss" VR game. Too bad it's a Rift exclusive.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC