This is a group test of three of the latest AC5300 (and AC5400) 802.11ac, MU-MIMO wireless routers. It’s part of a series of articles that has seen us investigate:-
You might not use it as a tablet often, but regardless, this gigantic 2-in-1 can handle just about any everyday task you throw at it.
Samsung has taken the 850 EVO 2.5-inch SATA SSD and made it a better performer in the EVO 750. And yes, the 750 is the new drive, not the 850.
When you're ready to stream your gameplay to the world, one PC will not do. You need two.
We highlight the biggest differences between the Xbox One and the Xbox One S
The Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB is pricey, but this large-capacity hard drive also reads and writes data far faster than the average HDD. It can't match an SSD, but it makes a great companion for one.
As part of an ongoing WiFi investigation we’ve tested three of the latest routers from Netgear, Linksys and D-Link. The first two use the latest, speedy MU-MIMO technology which keeps fast devices running fast even if there are slow devices on the same network (with D-Link the MU-MIMO firmware is in beta). The trouble is, you need a MU-MIMO-compatible adapter in your mobile device to make MU-MIMO work and most laptops and tablets don’t have that.
Microsoft launched the Xbox One S earlier this month, revitalizing its current-generation console lineup with some new features. Here's how it stacks up against the previous version.
We’ve spent the week testing three of the latest MU-MIMO routers: Netgear’s Nighthawk X8, D-Link’s DIR-895L and Linksys EA9500. While our results resemble a group test (which will be forthcoming) this article focuses on the benefits of the latest MU-MIMO technology in an effort to see if it makes a big difference.
As automakers move in the direction Tesla pioneered with autonomous driving, a question arises: Is this really a good thing? Senior Writer Lucas Mearian gets into gear with Executive News Editor Ken Mingis about what's going on.
Father’s Day is on Sunday 4th September. We’ve got together with some of Australia’s top tech and gadget companies to provide you with tech-related ideas.
Motorola’s lead mechanical architect, Paul Fordham, discusess how the Moto Mods design team conceived of and created the Moto Mods.
Apple's opening of the iOS keyboard floodgates has created enough space for a small skirmish between Google's Gboard and Microsoft's Word Flow.
It's been ten years since Cyan's last Myst game. Can spiritual successor Obduction step cleanly into those shoes? We found out.
With an integrated Wi-Fi hot spot and the Plex media server, this drive lets you take all your shows (and all your tunes) on the road.
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
- Artificial Intelligence: 7 factors for precision decisions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC